Thursday, May 23, 2013

Some Love Poems and an Anniversary Card :)


Good Evening Everyone!

I am feeling a little nostalgic at the moment. 

I opened my photo albums and am blown away by how time is just flowing by.... some of the albums have pictures of family and friends who are no longer here on this earth --- and I treasure those pictures even more! Among my albums, I found one of my journals from college and loved reading what I was thinking so long ago. There were a couple of entries where I was writing about love - my husband and I just got engaged and I was submerged in poetry about love and the coming together of two hearts.....

Today is our anniversary - and reading these poems that I loved so long ago - just when I was newly engaged really makes my heart so happy... I feel recharged after reading these sweet love poems and so I thought I would share a couple here with you!

The first one is from Kahlil Gibran - if you are not familliar with his works - you must get some of his books - his poetry is sublime! The following is an excerpt from his poem called: "On Love:

"Love gives naught but itself and takes nuaght but from itself.
Love possesses not nor would it be possessed;
For love is sufficient unto love."

Isn't it just beautiful.. I love the sufficiency part of the poem at the end...Here is a quote from Maharishi - I wrote this quote in my journal almost 13 years ago - so beautiful to read this again this morning!

"Love opens all doors,no matter how closed they may be 
No matter how rusty from lack of use."

Sometimes we can close our hearts, build walls after our hearts have been hurt... but the key to a broken heart is love... the key to it all hurts, misunderstandings and mis-communications is more love... which is hard sometimes when your heart is hurting... 

One last quote that I loved reading this morning from my journal is from Rumi:


"This is love: to fly toward a secret sky, to cause a hundred veils to fall each moment. First to let go of life. Finally to take a step without feet."

 As we celebrate our anniversary today - I am grateful to take steps without feet - but rather with our hearts....Inspired by these poems, I wanted to make a very simple card for my DH - he loves when I use kraft on cards - so I decided to make a card that was kraft monochromaticish using the Mr. & Mrs. Cutting Plate from Taylored Expressions:


 Card Ingredients:
Paper: Kraft paper
Inks: Memento Rich Cocoa
Accessories: Mr. & Mrs. Cutting Plate, liquid pearls (gold), bling from stash, Best Glue Ever and sponger 

I cut out the plate two or three times and layered it ontop of each other so that there was more of a raised surface. I added some liquid pearls to the letters Mr. and Mrs. and also lined the outside of the card with some dots and finished it off with some bling on the flowers.


















I loved making this card for my DH and the best part was giving it to my DH this morning :) Grateful for the everyday moments that makes each day precious! If you have read all the way up to here - thanks so much - sorry to ramble on a bit :)

Hope your weekend is wonderful!
Thanks so much for stopping by today!
Big hugs,
Sankari :)





 

No comments: